Thursday, December 1, 2016

"Tis the Season to Finish Our Quilts!


We all have our long holiday to do lists, putting this quilt together for the holidays would be worth every sewing-quilting moment you take to finish it. It will be an adorable quilt for you to put out for Christmas, also a great quilt to decorate your guest room with. Your holiday guests will love being welcomed with this cozy warm holiday quilt. I find quilting to be relaxing and enjoy doing my hand sewing in front of the TV watching movies. so when you get to the binding and embellishment stage of this quilt. Turn on the Hallmark station, (there's bound to be some traditional Hallmark Christmas shows on) sit in your favorite comfy chair and enjoy finishing your Christmas, Tis the Season quilt. Oh, and don't forget a plate of Christmas cookies and a cup of hot cocoa, (or a glass of wine). A couple of Hallmark movies and some hand stitching will surely help you relax and enjoy the holiday season.


I have all of my blocks and sashing laid out by my sewing machine.
I'm all ready to sew together my quilt top.
Here I am sewing a sashing and pinwheel strip following my quilt layout diagram.
I have my quilt top all sewn together except for the borders.
Here I am sewing on the borders, making sure to match up the seams
to set the snowmen as the corner blocks.
Here my darling nephew is posing with my quilt top.
I think he really likes it too!

You still have time to catch up if you are a block or two behind. This quilt will be so much fun to put out for the holidays. It would also make an awesome gift for someone special. The pattern for finishing the quilt up can be found for FREE this month in my Craftsy Shop and also on my website. Also, if you ever need to find past blocks or tutorials, I have a tab at the top of my blog labeled 2016 BOM that you can click on to get links to all past blog postings for this quilt. A complete listing of fabric supplies can be found on my website, Craftsy Shop and also under the 2016 BOM tab on my blog. Remember to post pictures of your progress on Instagram #quiltdoodledesignsBOM2016 (you can also tag me at Quilt Doodle Designs) There is also a flickr group you can join and post pictures. I love seeing pictures of what you guys are doing with the Tis the Season patterns. It is soooo much fun to see the quilt made in different fabrics! Love it!

Button packs are available in my Etsy Shop. I have packaged the button packs a couple of different ways. Either as one big pack with everything in it or individually for each design/row.




I hope that you have fun making this block this month. Email me if you are interested in joining in on a blog hop show and tell. Send me you email address, blog address, and name. I will put together and email you a day to present your finished quilt. If you don't have a blog and want to participate, let me know and I will post  your pictures for you.

Our blog hop will be January  19th - 22nd.
There will be all sorts of fun prizes for our blog participants and visitors!  Remember to post those calendars! I can't wait to see everyone's finish quilts!

 Happy Quilting!
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cindy! This has been a fun BOM. I need to catch up but love seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.netFriday, 02 December, 2016

    Thank you for this fun quilt. But for some reason I have had trouble printing out this months part of the pattern. Page 2 printed out fine, but all I got for page 1 was a blank page -- no instructions. I haven't had any problems with the other parts of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cindy, for all the hard work you do on these BOM patterns. I'm far behind, due to some health problems, but am looking forward to working on my quilt soon! mind how you go, YvonneJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful BOM! Hopefully I'll have it ready for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I didn't do this year's BOM but did do 2015's "My Favorite Things" BOM. I recently finished it, and I LOVE how it turned out. I am hoping you have a 2017 BOM too! Whether you do or do not, I always enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for all you do and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, Cindy, this has been a fun BOM.
    quilting dash lady at Comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great quilt! Will you be doing a BOM in 2017? (If I missed a previous post with the answer to that question, I apologize!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Cindy for this sweet quilt. I've been making sure to save the blocks each month and plan to work on making it in the new year.

    ReplyDelete